James E. Cathey's Hêliand: Text and Commentary is a simply unique, wonderfully encompassing, and helpful text, and nothing quite like it exists anywhere in the world. The commentary portion of the book consists of an interweaving of interpretation and philological consideration. This work presents the reader with explanatory commentary that encompasses both the scientific and the poetic and treats...
Series: WV MEDIEVEAL EUROPEAN STUDIES (Book 2)
Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: West Virginia University Press; 1st edition (June 20, 2002)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 1254110
Format: PDF ePub djvu ebook
reviews: This is a great compilation of seemingly everything worth knowing about the Heliand. Following a scholarly introduction, approximately half of the Heliand is presented in the original Old Saxon. Next is a very lengthy commentary on each Fitt, or song...
- HELIAND: TEXT AND COMMENTARY (WV MEDIEVEAL EUROPEAN STUDIES) pdf
- Download HELIAND: TEXT AND COMMENTARY (WV MEDIEVEAL EUROPEAN STUDIES) epub
- HELIAND: TEXT AND COMMENTARY (WV MEDIEVEAL EUROPEAN STUDIES) txt
- 9780937058640 epub
- Download JAMES E. CATHEY epub
- Download JAMES E. CATHEY books
- Download Christian Books and Bibles epub ebooks
This guide, while a bit out of date, contains exceedingly useful and insightful information about th...
Generation Identity leapt into the public mind when they occupied the top floor of a mosque in Poiti...